Continuous risk management and increased profitability through software-supported supply chain management
Volatile chemical supply chains – characterized by supply bottlenecks and disruptive "just-in-time" logistics chains on the one hand, and a high adaptation pressure from the customer’s side on the other hand – define the parameter settings for an industry-specific software-supported supply chain planning.
Real-time simulations identify weaknesses and potentials, provide concrete recommendations for action and enable a contribution to continuous risk management and to boost profitability.
General requirements to supply chain management software tools in the chemical process industry
- Planning of batch, continuous or semi-continuous processes
- Planning of multi-site factories incl. high transport and storage costs as well as single-product, multi-product or multi-purpose plants
- Securing short- and medium-term availability of raw materials
- Tank and silo planning
- Planning the trade-off between the single or multi-product campaigns mode and the short term mode
- Resource-based orders/operations sequencing to optimise plant throughput
- Availability checks such as through ATP and CTP caused by high chain depths
- Planning of shelf life expire dates (SLED) on raw material and intermediate product levels
- Laboratory capacities planning as part of detailed production planning for continuous quality control
ORSOFT's planning solutions enable to address these functional requirements integrated with SAP ERP or S/4HANA within one solution. There is no need to create a custom master data base and interfaces.
Within just a short period of time, potential benefits such as improvements in delivery reliability, reduction of non-quality costs, reduction of changeover, idle and cleaning times, as well as reduction of safety stocks can be realized.
Our customers such as Allessa GmbH, CBW Chemie GmbH Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Celanese Emulsions GmbH, Chemische Fabrik Budenheim KG, CHT Germany GmbH, Dottikon Exclusive Synthesis AG, Hüttenes-Albertus Chemische Werke GmbH, Patheon Austria GmbH & Co KG or Zschimmer & Schwarz Mohsdorf GmbH & Co KG have already been inspired by projects in the area of Supply Chain Management with ORSOFT solutions.
Would you like to know more?
Are you interested in more than just supply chain management?
Are you interested in holistic solutions instead of silo thinking?