ORSOFT also offers specialties for automotive suppliers. The Automotive industry solution is a functional enhancement to the SAP Module PP for SAP ERP and S/4HANA accordingly. Additionally, information from other modules (SAP PS, PM, MM, SD etc.) can be utilized.
This data is consolidated in ORSOFT Manufacturing Workbench and ORSOFT Enterprise Workbench to plan capacities, material flows, tools and personnel in the short and medium term. In addition, maintenance measures can be created at an early stage and taken into account in planning.
In order to maintain an overview of the increasingly extensive supply chains, ORSOFT has an extensive alert system in both detailed planning and medium-term planning, which points out deficits in the current situation. In addition, conflicts in the simulated world are pointed out at an early stage in order to avoid them before they are passed on to the Shop Floor.
With the continuing noticeable lack of personnel also in the planning area, ORSOFT helps customers to define an optimal planning process based on the available personnel. In addition to the traditional manual planning solution, all automation ideas can also be addressed via semi-automated planning up to quasi-full automation.
Within the actual solution, technological features can be considered, such as:
- alternative workstations,
- dynamic calculation of setup time for parent-child relationships on a machine,
- use of disposition buffers between operations,
- consideration of time restrictions in the processing of semi-finished products (durability),
- examination of mold availability.
As production in the automotive industry has a very large vertical range and a vast variety of tasks to be processed, the following features are very useful:
- comparison of personnel requirements and personnel supply, especially with regard to the required qualifications of the individual employees,
- calculation of personnel capacity requirement,
- multistage availability check for production and customer orders (ATP),
- monitoring functions for stocks (values and quantities),
- missing parts lists,
- CTP check for fast acceptance of customer requests,
- long-term reservation of capacities for major customers.